Using the Camera Phone dialog, you can enter a phone number for the camera to call. Afterwards, you can listen what the camera microphone is recording, make an announcement over the camera's built-in speaker, or use the camera as an intercom system.
- If you only see one or no buttons at all, activate the Microphone and Speaker options in the Speaker and Microphone dialog and reopen this dialog. You will then have access to all functions.
- This feature is not available for Web and Basic models.
To use the camera phone, do the following:
- Select the Connection Type that should be used for all numbers in this profile (SIP or ISDN). If you would like to use VoIP for this purpose, activate SIP telephony in the VoIP Settings dialog and enter the appropriate settings (open the VoIP Settings help page to get more information about this topic).
- Enter the phone number or SIP address the camera will dial.
- Select a function:
- Click on the Listen button to hear what the camera microphone is recording.
- Click on the Speak button to make an announcement using the camera's speaker.
- Click on the Intercom button to use the camera as an intercom system.
The camera now calls the telephone number you have entered and switches to the selected mode.
- While you are connected to the camera, the browser window may remain empty.
- Make sure that the speaker level setting in the Speaker and Microphone dialog does not exceed a value of 3.
LED Signals When in VoIP/ISDN Mode
When using the VoIP/ISDN interfaces of the camera, the MOBOTIX camera's LED signal the following information, if the settings in the LED Setup dialog has been set to the default settings.
LED Signals When in VoIP/ISDN Mode:
- SIP configured: VoIP/ISDN LED flashes at 1 Hz.
- Camera successfully registered with SIP server: VoIP/ISDN LED flashes at 2 Hz.
- Error: VoIP/ISDN LED blinks (about 250 msec on/off).
If a voice connection has been established via the VoIP (SIP) or ISDN interfaces, the LEDs signal the following:
- Listen or Speak: VoIP/ISDN LED is lit permanently.
- Intercom: The lower three LEDs are lit if the camera's speaker is active ("speaking" as seen by the camera operator). If the camera microphone is active, the upper three LEDs are lit ("listening").
© 2001-2023 MOBOTIX AG, Germany · http://www.mobotix.com/